Monday, September 26, 2011

What I Discovered

In some ways, I’ve wanted to start this site simply for the purpose of having something to do in my spare time. I enjoy writing and have done some review writing in the past. I tend to think of myself as an opinionated person who is a jack-of-all-trades, yet master of none. I nibble on a feast of many different fields of study; a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, never quite filling up on any particular portion. Perhaps my palette isn’t refined enough for certain areas of interest, but that won’t stop me from dabbling from time to time.


What does this mean for you, the reader? Well, first and foremost, I promise you nothing more than my honest opinion about the things I discover about life. I wouldn’t expect anything less from you in return! Life’s twists and turns lead us down a road of discovery. We come across something new frequently throughout our mortal journey.


This site stands for just that: “new.” New music, movies, and food. New experiences, new excitement, new letdowns. New to you , new to me, new to the world and everything in between.


Now, “new” is perhaps an interesting concept. What is “new” will sometimes change depending upon our particular life’s circumstances. I may like meat now, but might become a vegetarian at some point into the future (because of some new experience or information, no doubt). Certainly that sheds a whole new light on the colorful world of bell peppers, carrots, and whatever leafy greens you can imagine? Therefore, I reserve the right to repeat myself. Or in the least bit, revisit things from time to time.


Now, for the last few promises. I promise that I can’t promise I’ll be writing in this blog frequently. Much about life can circle around a certain sameness that makes writing about the "new" difficult as a hobby. And while I enjoy writing, some of what I do might be found more readily in a personal blog. And while this is a blog and it does come from my personal life, there’s a different place for a personal blog and it’s not here. I do write there sometimes, too, so you’ll have to forgive me if I don’t check in here as often as I would like. If I can get in once a week, I think I’ll have accomplished something.


Lastly, I promise to be brief. Usually. To be honest, this is likely the wordiest thing I’ve written in some time. I have a rant problem in my blog writing. Ultimately, if it can fit in one-page Word document, I’ll be happy with it.


If you have any suggestions about things I should look into, let me know! Drop me an email at whatidiscovered (at) gmail (dot) com. Also, if you’re interested in contributing, contact me and let me know. I’m always up for sharing in the discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment